Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Essential Oils


Don't roll your eyes at me.

I know oils are trendy right now.  I see those Facebook and Pinterest posts daily too.

That's why I waited almost a year to talk about them on the blog.  I wanted to give them a chance before I could stand behind them ~ or not.

I took the leap because of my migraines.

I had tried acupuncture.  I had even tried massage therapy.  Nothing worked.  So why not give oils a shot?

Now, I'm not only a believer, I might be a bit of an addict.....



This post could get out of control, so I'll keep it focused on the original reason I joined Young Living:  migraines.

The last time I ran to the pharmacy to get my meds, the pharmacist said, "You never come in anymore!"

No kidding.  It's true!

Before oils, I was going in about every four weeks to buy another round of Treximet.  Since I started using oils to combat them, I have been to the pharmacy twice.  Twice in almost a year's time.  As opposed to monthly visits.

The oil Stress Away has been my favorite for nipping them in the bud.  I roll it on my temples or neck, and usually within ten minutes, I forget that I was feeling the onset of a migraine.

I have a lot of other favorites too, which help with different things (sleep, germ fighting).  I could go on and on.

Is this the birth of a series?  Maybe!!!!!  

Questions???  Please ask!






Essential Oils Bag:  Has To Be Pretty

Linking up with:  Because Shanna Said So

4 comments:

  1. I have yet to purchase the Premium Starter Kit but my friend from work gives me Stress Away every time I start to freak out and it works so well! Instantly I start to calm down. I just can't seem to bite the bullet and spend all of that money!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! The start up cost isn't cheap! I'd spent so much in acupuncture and massages though, that that's how I justified it! ;) But if it hadn't been for migraines, I probably wouldn't have been so eager to take the plunge!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. GIRLY, GIRLY, GIRLY! They can totally eliminate that from your life! No kidding. Lavender and cedarwood are two oils that are great for insomnia..........and are both relatively cheap too!

      Delete