Monday, November 16, 2015

A Peek Inside


Slowly but surely the boxes are dwindling.  Here are a few shots from inside our new old home.

*   *   *   *

When you walk in the front door, you are in the middle of a huge, rectangular room.  Basically, two living areas in one really large space!  Soooo my antiques on one side........


And "his" stuff on the other.

Eventually, we want these two spaces to be cohesive, but for now, it's working.

*   *   *   *

There's a chimney in the middle of our kitchen.........


I'm not kidding.  You can walk all the way around it.

Once upon a time, it was the home's source for heat and cooking!  Now it's filled with ductwork for the furnace.  A neat, yet challenging feature.

*   *   *   *

I love glass doorknobs.  I love skeleton keyholes.  This house is full of original doors with the hardware still intact.......


So when I saw this at Target...........


I had to have it.  (And those slippers too.)

It just made sense.

*   *   *   *

And finally, the natural light in this place is insane.  The windows.  So many windows.  I wish I could bottle the view from our upstairs bedroom.....  


This is a favorite perch for our pups.  Even though they aren't really allowed on that vintage chair.

(I'm a terrible disciplinarian.)

*   *   *   *

Definitely a work in progress!  Lots of painting to be done.  And one of these days, hardwoods to refinish.  

But for now, we are getting settled and relishing these nice fall days while they are still here.    










9 comments:

  1. It's so charming!! I love it!! Can't wait to see more of it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!! Once we finally unpack upstairs, I hope to show off more!!!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE IT!!!!! So happy for you!!! Has this house been featured on a blog before? The living room looks familiar to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!!!!!!!! Hmmmm...........I'm not sure! If you find a post on it, I'd love to see it!!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. We sorta feel like college kids with mismatched furniture that doesn't fit! It's definitely a good reason to reevaluate my esthetic!!!

      Delete
  4. Hi, found your blog today, looking forward to following, what a beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I really appreciate that! We just moved in, so many projects await!!!

      Delete
  5. Oh my...your new house is so very, very lovely.

    ReplyDelete